Subject: [Leica] Camera in museums
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:16:03 -0800

...and here is what happened to me in the Queen Sophia Museum of
Modern Art in Madrid:

First I had to put my camera through an x-ray machine, noting a sign
on top of it claiming that it was the most modern machine in
existence and could not possibly hurt film.  Then, as I headed toward
the exhibits, a guard started screaming at me.  It seems that they
wanted me to check my camera in the cloak room; I guess the x-ray was
to prevent my blowing up the cloakroom.

Interestingly, in the famous Prado museum, there was no objection to
my taking pictures, but I had to check my backpack.

Herb

- -----------------------------------------
Original message, in part:

That said, one of my biggest gripes are museums with inconsistent
policies on checking bags. I got thrown out of the Amon Carter Museum
because I wouldn't check my (J803) bag. There were women with larger
purses walking around that didn't have to check them.
The inconsistency is maddening.
Thanks for listening to my venting.
John Fulton

- --