Subject: RE: [Leica] starbucks situation
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:21:06 -0700

Nope - no starbucks - just a starbucks wannabe with no competition and bad
service...

We do have a Tim Horton's Doughnuts! There's no place too small for a
Hortons in Canada! (also two McDonalds and a Walmart...) We also only have a
small town bookshop and an almost camera store - moderate 24 hr C41
processing if you're lucky.

Now we do have an amazing fish restaurant with Whitefish, pike and pickerel
caught through the ice on Great Slave Lake, and Arctic Char from further
North, along with Caribou and Muskox stew or steaks...  And a classy French
restaurant with neuvelle cuisine or a nice new place just opened up at the
Museum, run by a couple who had a restaurant in Montreal....

But then you can still buy wolf, fox, rabbit wolverine or polar bear
fur/hides at a store in Old Town.... another store down there still stocks
gold pans...

tim