Subject: Re: [Leica] Two "new" images
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:53:29 -0800

Paul Chefurka wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:29:07 -0500, "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> >I offer up photos 3 & 4 at the URL below - one shot two weeks ago, one shot
> >in June, 1968 - and which is the Leica shot? ;-)

> There's no objective way to tell which is the Leica shot.  I'd like to
> think 4 is the one, but that's just because I have a prejudice linking
> Leicas to social justice documentary photos.
>
> I prefer 4 to 3, both because of the message (I like nice obvious stuff,
> and the enigma in 3 makes me think too hard), and because of the tonality
> of the image.
>
> 1968 was one hell of a year.
>
> Paul
>
> --

596X391 Pixies across you can't tell!
Could have been done with a Leica H!
Great shots though from what i can see!

Someday we'll have a big LUG meeting in the sky and we'll all have
16x20's and 11x14's!
That was a bit like what the LHSA meeting in San Antonio was like in October.
Lots of big Leica prints all over the place on tables and under peoples arms.
And what next years October meeting I'm sure will be like here in
Portland with me as program director.
I'm certainly going to find ways to encourage that.
And trays. We should all have a tray! Where's your tray buddie!?

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Two "new" images)