Subject: RE: [Leica] picking pockets with an M
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:32:08 -0500

Bob Kramer wrote -

 HCB has
been described by those who have seen him shoot as doing something very
similar.  Quickly raises the camera, shoots, and then lowers the camera,
without the camera lingering at his face for more then a very brief moment.
And as B.D. says, using an M helps since it is such a non-threatening little
camera.

BK

- -------------------------

Bob - To further muddy the waters here, one thing that I have found - and I
don' think this applies to street shooting - is that there are times when
the thing to do IS leave the camera glued to your face. If I am spending a
day with a family, or any subject, and just sit in a corner watching someone
through the viewfinder, I think the camera becomes part of my faces as far
as the subject is concerned: it is quickly forgotten. What draws attention
is often the snapping the camera up and down - the motion draws the
subject's eyes.

If I'm not mistaken, there was a discussion of this very point a while
back - year or so?

B. D.