Subject: [Leica] Paw and message subjects
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:18:34 -0800

My personal opinion is that whenever someone's post is a PAW endeavor,
whether posting a PAW pointer or commenting on a PAW, the work PAW should
be in the subject line. This makes it extremely easy to filter all PAW
based messages into a PAW mailbox (folder, file) which then allows one to
read the LUG sans PAW and view the PAW's when time allows.

One of my pet peeves is that folks post responses and don't bother to
change the subject line even though the subject has taken a 180° turn and
turned into a subject completely different than what the subject line states.

To illustrate my point, I posted a message on "Why I bought a Leica."

Look at the following message still using that title:

>From: "Don" <don.ro@verizon.net>
>Subject: Re:  Why I bought a Leica
>
>The author of that message is Raul Garcia, a Cuban journalist, writing
>about the Communist bosses in the Communist countries such as Cuba,
>North Korea, and China where their people are only saved from starving
>only by the generosity of the capitalist countries.
>
>Don R.

Jim

Message from "Jeffery L.Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> (RE: [Leica] Success crisis)