Subject: RE: [Leica] Success crisis
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 23 Jan 2002 09:45:02 -0800

On Wed, 23 January 2002, "B. D. Colen" wrote:

> Dr. Steve hinted at this in his far more polite way, but am I the only one
> flabbergasted by the irony that the subscribers to a photo list are bailing
> out because they are "overwhelmed" by the discussion of photography, when
> they never seemed to be overwhelmed by the interminable discussions of
> markings on 70-year-old camera bodies, choices in camera bags, Ted's
> underwear, brands of Scotch, the derivation of the term Red Neck, fountain
> pens, Mephisto shoes, Tilley hats. It's really quite mind-boggling.
>
> B. D.

I *OFTEN* become overwhelmed and/or disgusted with the off-topic and flame-throwing threads and I have unsubscribed several times in order to be rid of them.  I usually re-subscribe after a few weeks have gone by in the hope that the list has remembered its origins.  The success of the PAW concept has resulted in information overload.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe