Subject: Re: [Leica] Success crisis
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:27:33 -0500

> The Picture A Week movement, bravely started by Kyle Cassidy last year, is
> an amazing success. I am absolutely thrilled that so many people are
> actually taking pictures with their Leicas.
>
> It does, though, present for the LUG what we in the computer industry call
> a "success crisis". The traffic on the LUG has increased dramatically since
> so many people jumped in to PAW. I can't possibly object; this is what it's
> all about, but I do have to find a way to focus the PAW traffic somehow.
>
> I have a few ideas. Like so many other ideas, they involve programming
> computers to do things somewhat differently. In the meantime, how would
> people feel about a sub-list whose entire purpose was PAW critiques. I'm
> not proposing this as a long-term solution, but it might ameliorate things
> in the short term.
>
> Brian Reid
> LUG Barkeeper

Brian,

I am happy to hear the PAW is a huge success, sorry about the problems. I am
a few weeks late this year starting my PAW so I am afraid that I will be
adding to the log jam in about a week.

I would hate to see this PAW success punished by being sent off to stand in
a corner (the sub-list). Personally I am not in favor of doing that.

For those complaining, I would like to ask why is it you do not mind dozens
of messages about hopeless drivel?

If this time last year is any indicator, in the next month or less you will
see the PAW start to fade as some people drop out. For those not interested
in the PAW (a shame) there is the delete key.

sl