Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW week 4 Steve Unsworth
From: John Amiet <jeapic@operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:03:17 +1100

Steve,
Your main image
http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/PAW/week_04.htm
I find a bit 'wandery'. ie. elements take my eye back and forth. Restless is the word I'm looking for. Perhaps crop very tight to the guy with the digital thing plud the girl
behind. Between them they are more directional. I know you probably wanted to get  a 'gallery' effect so included more. Maybe you should have waited till more
people were looking in the same direction???
Alternate 1
http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/PAW/week_04alt1.htm
A 'nice' pic. Trouble is I feel it is a bit common. ie. done before by many. I think the blacks/shadows are a bit mucky, is this just the scan? Nevertheless, if I had been
there I would have shot it anyway, but maybe tried something a bir different for PAW.
Alt 2
http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/PAW/week_04alt2.htm
I like this one the best. Maybe I would go for a lower camera angle to dramatize the converging aspect between the man and the girl, to reflect more strongly the line
of the ceiling. However, I do notice that the girl is actually walking and maybe there was not time for such consideration.
Alt. 3
http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/PAW/week_04alt3.htm
This pic is too dimembered for me. It may be suffering from 'small screen syndrone (at least on my computer). It may work better viewed without scrolling. Actually I just
shrank the image after writing the last comment and it does look better when you can see all the image at once! I also feel the OOF area could be a bit more OOF to
reduce distraction. Try f0.5 :-)
Thems my thoughts.
Cheers,
JohnA