Subject: RE: [Leica] Proper Peanut butter??
From: "Doug Ford" <dford@san.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:14:58 -0800

blah, blah blah
No mention of more jobs created, no mention of price gouging by the local
store owners just rehashed BS from dan rather and the like in a nice neat
P.C. image of the big bad company.
Please Nathan don't get the impression that all of us Americans believe the
spew from 60 minutes and dan rather. The jobs created by Walmart and the
economic growth is rarely mentioned. Just some bleeding heart story how
nobody goes down town to mr. zifles to buy a 30 dollar hammer anymore and
talk about whos pig is bigger. And of course these rural folk are too stupid
to realize that if they don't support the WalMart it will go out of
business, and they wouldn't want that?
My brother lives in rural America and they drive out of their way to buy
goods at lower cost. Imagine that, the free enterprise system at work where
intelligent folk can decide where and when to spend their hard earned cash.
Why doesn't my idiot brother listen to the bleeding hearts spin on 60
minutes? Doesn't he realize he should pay twice the price so he can preserve
the local color? Jeez, next thing ya know he'll be buying stuff off eb_y!
Call dan rather and tell'em to drive his Mercedes up here to do a story on
how the internet killed small town America. Next thing ya know mr ziffle
will be running a server in his back room selling goods and services to the
world....the nerve.
After all these bleeding hearts want to take pics of the 'real' small town
America with their 2 thousand dollar Leicas. Thank god these bleeding hearts
aren't deciding what small town America will be, the residents are.
The big bad walmart story paints a 'nice' P.C. image, but when you scratch
the surface it smells real funny.
On my way to Walmart...Doug

This ones for the birds