Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW week 3: US imperialism in Germany
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 08:09:54 +0100

Last weekend we went shopping to Singen, a town just on the other side
of the Swiss-German border. This time we went to a huge WalMart there,
and my wife was in heaven, being able to stock up on a lot of local
staples but also hard-to-find American items (such as proper peanut
butter rather than the organic stuff with oil on top commonly found
here). The German retail sector can surely use the kind of competition a
WalMart provides. Having said that, I hate being inside such places, so
I hung around outside with my Leica:

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_3.jpg
(M6,Fuji Acros, 24mm Elmarit)

My alternate this week is another Swiss landscape, this time near my
home. It is a small mountain which provides a great place to take the
dog and let her run around freely. This time I was attracted to the fog
in the valley and shot this scene on infrared film. The IR effect is
quite subtle, but it did cut through the fog--in reality the trees and
the road down in the valley were not nearly as visible as here:

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_3alt1.jpg
(M3, 50mm Summilux, Maco 820 IR film)

The complete PAW index is at:

http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw2002.htm

and comments and critique are welcome as always.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland