Subject: RE: [Leica] [OT] Monitor Res...what do you use? 800x600 or Higher ???
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:01:11 -0800

On 1/22/02 at 10:07 AM, leica@davidmorton.org thoughtfully wrote:

> If you look at the browser stats on one of the sites that gathers these
> things from many larger web sites - http://www.thecounter.com/stats/ is one
> example - the results will surprise you.
>
> For example http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2002/January/res.php shows over
> 50% on 800x600.

True - but the inquiry was aimed more at the users of this group who probably
are not your basic VGA folks.

Adding my data points. I'm 1162 x 758 for most things since that's the screen on
my TiBook. I have a Cinema Display on my G4 Tower and it's 1600 x 1024. The
wider aspect ratios are wonderful for use with graphical editing environments,
either Photoshop or Final Cut Pro.

Adam Bridge