Subject: Re: [Leica] My Leica...Bad Experience!
From: "G. Michael Paine" <mickeyp35@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:38:18 -0800

At 2:08 AM -0800 1/21/02, Justin Goh wrote:
>Are you getting
>the same service from Leica?

Justin.
Well to add my 2cents worth. I ordered a 90mm 2.8 in June. It focused
very stiffly and after a week or so of use the focus ring jammed. I
sent it to NJ, which in turn sent it to Germany. After almost three
months it came back.  But still focused very stiffly. I call NY and
Mike told me to send it back to NJ.
To my surprise I received a replacement lens in the mail within a
week. The focus ring is much better though still not as creamy smooth
as my Summicron 50/2.0.
But at least they did not fiddle the second time around, someone just
made the decision to a functioning lens in my hands.
Michael