Subject: Re: [Leica] going beyond family photography
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:32:08 -0500

At 09:04 AM 1/21/02 -0800, Ted wrote:

>I've always given a "fix it alternative" to alleviate the pain of being shot
>down for a valid reason.  One of the major elements of the Leica Seminar
>each fall is the final critique of the newly shot images by about 80
>attendees on the final afternoon. Quite frankly that's the highlight for
>many who attend to see their slides on the screen before a large group of
>people and find out whether they did good, bad or ugly shooting.

Ted -

You have a real talent for critiquing photographs constructively.  I always
learn when I read or hear your critiques.  As you say, you always tell
people how to "fix it".  I think it's a real gift and I admire you greatly
for it.  I'm afraid my mother told me too often, "If you can't say
something nice, don't say anything at all."  I'll have to get over that if
I ever hope to comment constructively on photographs!   Reading your
comments on the PAWs is a real education in editing.

>I would say the LUG has turned a corner in style from talking about Leica
>cameras and equipment to "using Leica cameras and lenses and showing" what
>folks produce with them.

Isn't it great!  Between the LUG and LEG and SP and all of the PAWs, I'm
spending far too much time at the computer.  I'll be gone all next month
adding to my backlog of film that has to be processed and practicing with
my SF20 and Noctilux in cold, dark Norway.

Y'all behave while I'm gone and do what Ted tells you!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com