Subject: Re: [Leica] My Leica...Bad Experience!
From: RHaigh5748@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:52:46 EST

I have bought camera equipment that was defective. I tried it immediately, it
did not work. I called the dealer(s). In every case they told me, without
exception, don't sign the warranty cards, send it all back and we will you
send you another, whatever type or make camera or lens. The key here is
waiting three months, by then you simply cannot replace the body or lens, the
sale is over . You have got to go under the warranty. Obviously, the problem
is certain people would take advantage and want a new item everytime they
experience a warranted malfunction, claiming they never used the camera prior
to the problem. Three months is simply unbelievable to allow the camera to
sit unused. This fellow clearly would be way ahead of the game if he used
disposable cameras based upon his frequency of use.
Bob Haight