Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Lea's PAW #3
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:22:20 -0500

Lea:

>http://www.whinydogpress.com/paw3.html

For give me for being an old grump - but - in some ways, the comments people
have made about the need to separate the hair from the background are minor
compared to the caption issue. What this is is a nice informal shot of a
pretty young girl. No matter what you do, it does not and will not have
anything to do with college admissions, decision making, etc. etc. - except
to you. If you wanted to tell a story about the call, you needed to set
something up - perhaps a series of a couple shots showing her on the phone,
perhaps with the college catalogue in one of the photos. Even that wouldn't
convey what you have in your caption, but it would come closer.

I am making an issue out of this because I think it is one of the real
failings of many many folks taking still photos today - they tend to believe
that a photo conveys information that they have that is not in the photo.

Anyway, nice shot - :-)

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Lea's PAW #3...BD)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Lea's PAW #3)