Subject: [Leica] Michael's PAW for week 3
From: "Michael Abbott" <lists@mabot.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 21:07:42 +0200

I seem to be numbering things a bit differently to the other PAWers... my
week 3 shot over here:

  http://www.mabot.com/paw02/wk3-0201-1025.html

I spent friday afternoon and saturday morning in a few shopping malls, my
first real attempt at street photography. (I'm not brave enough to try real
streets here, but that's another discussion.)

Mostly I was just trying to get over sticking a camera in people's faces.
Only one person objected (at a distance,) one asked what I was up to, one
asked to have her picture taken (and emailed to her.) Only one security
guard objected, when I was hanging around getting an address from the woman
who asked, but he wasn't seroius and he belonged to a shop not the centre in
any case.

These were all with an SLR and 50/1.4 on cheap 400 colour print film, mostly
1/60 at f/2.8. I soon gave up on adjusting for bright and dark regions, the
film seemed to handle it fine. Focusing fast enough is pretty hard,
especially close in.

Comments would be appreciated.

Michael

  Michael Abbott  www.mabot.com