Subject: Re: [Leica] re: protect leica in backpack
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 09:23:37 -0800

Jeffery Smith wrote:

>>> I neat trick to prevent lenses from clacking against one another in the
bag
> is to take two rear lens caps, sand their flat ends, and glue them
together
> with a high quality epoxy (the kind that comes in two separate tubes to be
> mixed, not super glue). <<<

Or if one is feeling flush with dollars, you can purchase from Leica, double
ended caps for just this stacking purpose. I'm not sure if they're available
for M lenses but I have several of them for R lenses and have made some as
you explained Jeff. They work very well and help to accommodate far more
lenses in a small case.

The only problem is, the more you stack in this manner the heavy your
shoulder bag becomes. :-(
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant