Subject: Re: [Leica] Richard's PAW - Week 3
From: "Richard Ogden" <rj.ogden@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 16:46:43 -0000

Don,

Thanks for the response - I'll try your suggestion since there is some space
at the sides of the neg.

Why 400?

Well, - choose any one (or all) of the following:

1    It was in the camera
2    The tonal range of 400 ASA material is easier to work with than the
inherently higher contrast of slower film
3    It was in the camera
4    Agfa stopped making APX 25 (grrrrr!)
5    It was in the camera
6    I can live with grain - let's face it, as a Rodinal freak I have got to
put that one behind me!
7    It was in the camera

To be serious, I like doing flower studies - wouldn't be surprised if a few
more don't crop up over the course of the year (no pun intended) - and I
usually do use a slower film, but this was a bit of a spur of the moment
thing, and I quite like the typical APX 400 / Rodinal look on this type of
flower. Wouldn't work with a calla lily!

Regards,
Richard
Richard Ogden
PAW Site: http://mysite.freeserve.com/paw2002/index.html