Subject: RE: [Leica] .....Olympus 35 OM cameras cease production.....
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 10:08:27 -0500

IF - big IF - this Olympus system is comparatively as compact as the OM
system is/was and IF - big IF - Olympus has overcome the reliability
problems inherent in the OM system, THEN they would have a real shot and
walking away with the market - at least in terms of capturing anyone who
doesn't have too much tied up already in Nikon and Canon gear...but the idea
of a digital SLR and lenses that are to the standard size digital SLRs and
lenses what the OM is the the Nikon and Canon systems, is really
fantastic....

B. D.