Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 23:34:00 -0800

On 1/19/02 at 11:03 PM, mark@markrabiner.com (Mark Rabiner) thoughtfully wrote:

> It's been suggested by Kyles tongue in cheek but with much truth in it
> list of Commandments that pictures of ones kids one keeps to oneself.
> It's widely ignored. We see our kids here sometimes. We see buildings,
> backs of people....

There's something about these "Commandments" that have rubbed me the wrong way
from the start and I think we're seeing the result, I think.

There's some school of thought that suggests that taking photos in Yosemite is a
waste of time because Ansel Adams and company have said it all. It never occured
to me that people might take that short of advice literally.

I don't like sounding like a crumudgeon but frankly most folks don't need
somewhat mean-spirited "don'ts". More welcoming "do's" that get people shooting
and posting pictures - even if they dare to be of their kids, beautiful people,
or gorgeous and exotic locations.

Anything that inhibits people for taking pictures, experimenting, and sharing
their work is a Bad Thing and we should avoid it.

Adam Bridge