Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:39:56 -0800

On 1/19/02 at 8:31 PM, ericm@pobox.com (Eric) thoughtfully wrote:

> I'm not going to stop shooting my gal.  That's not in question.  I'm trying
> to decide whether the PAW is an appropriate channel for this project.  I was
> hoping to get feedback as to how I could shoot pics of my kid more as pieces
> of a portfolio than as family snapshots.  I've gotten private feedback that
> says the LUG isn't the place for my family pictures.  Rocks and trees and
> strangers are welcomed, but not family.  Unless the family pictures are
> interspersed with rocks and trees and strangers.  I'm being rude to use the
> PAW as I have been.  This comes from somebody whose opinion I respect a lot.
>
> I apologize if anybody feels I've been rude.  Or feels that I'm mocking the
> seriousness of the group by posting pictures of my daughter.

I'm troubled by this. It's a coupling of your passion and your art.

Shoot what you like. If someone doesn't like your subjec then I think they
should keep that to themselves saying "I'm not in the audience for this photo"
and go on their merry way.

Art is about passion. And you clearly are passionate about your child. Good for
you! Push your boundaries as hard as you can - break rules galore and learn from
them. Let your images show your passion - it will be priceless for you 20 years
from now.

I salute your passion and wish you joy in your endeavor - may it not falter for
as long as you live!

Adam Bridge