Subject: Re: [Leica] Rowell's PAW #3
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:52:53 -0500

http://www.lasthouseontheright.com/paw/pages/paw-3.htm

This is an image with much promise.  The previous posters have commented on
the horizon problems which can be easily fixed on the easel or in the
computer.  My difficulties lie with the empty space to the left of the main
subject.  It's empty with no value to the image.  If the cow was beyond the
cowhand then the space would convey escape and freedom.  As shot it probably
would work as a near square.  If you had a time machine then if you had
moved right to extend the space between the cow and the cowhand then the
conveyance of a cow trying to break for freedom would be greater.

I talk about might have beens so that when you are out and about you can
visualize things that may happen and position yourself appropriately.  F8
and be there requires you to be there.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com