Subject: Re: [Leica] First question
From: Jens Putzier <jens.putzier@putzier.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 18:05:58 +0100

Mehrdad Sadat wrote:

> Jens, what happened to contax? I suggest you got to a store and try ur r5
> with an r8 side by side and see which one feels more comfortable to you. all
> i can tell u is that the viewfinder in the R8 is a lot better ,brighter than
> the RTS III.

Mehrdat,

thanks for asking. Nothing happened to my Contaxes, they are well and
alive (and still in my use).

I had the great chance to buy a Apo Summicron 180/2.0 and for me to use
it I needed a camera, obviously. So I got the R5 because it appealed to
me because of it's small size and well designed layout. And it was way
cheaper than the R8. Now I started shooting the first roll of slides and
the viewfinder is difficult for me.

Sure I can go out and compare, but I thought I'd introduce myself with
that question and if the answer was: There is no difference, I could
save a travel.

Regards
Jens