Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing Screen OT Rollei 2.8 F
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:24:20 -0500

Bill Satterfield wrote:

> One last time for OT help. Which brand of focusing screen do the Rollei
> users recommend. I am not a subscriber to the RUG. Thanks for a response

I think the Beattie screens are the ones most often used to increase
brightness, but I've never seen the need (I do have a Beattie screen in
my Graflex Super D, which I found almost impossible to focus with the
original screen). I use three of the "last generation" Rollei TLRs --
the Wide Angle, a 2.8F "white face", and a Tele. I'm using the original
screens in all three and don't have a problem focusing with them. But if
you're using a different model, particularly a 3.5 model, I suppose a
brighter screen might help.

I think I missed your original question, so hopefully this response is OT.

- --
Rolfe Tessem      |     Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com     |     96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029    |     New York, Ny 10014