Subject: [Leica] FS Leica and Nikon (SLR) lenses
From: "tlianza" <tlianza@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:10:04 -0500

Hi All,

I am listing these items here prior to listing on ebay.  They will be listed
on ebay next week along with a "Buy Now" price.  If you participate in this
forum and you want the lens, hit the BUY NOW button.  I will charge you the
price listed below, not the Buy Now price....

I'm selling the following items:

LEICA M lenses:

I'm selling a number of 35 mm lenses because I have settled on the tri-elmar
and the 35 Summilux in this focal length:

1. 35 mm summicron  SN 2662xxx - glass excellent, body shows typical flaking
from normal use $375 USD + shipping and insurance
This lens has seen the world although it has been very well cared for
optically.  The body shows some bare spots as is common for lenses of this
era.  This is the third generation summicron, very compact.  This lens
produces excellent  images.

2.  35 mm Voigtlaender Ultron 35 f1.7 :  Like New with box and M adapter.
$400 + shipping and insurance
This is an excellent lens.  I like this lens because it is NOT compact.  I
found that I was constantly brushing the aperture ring on the summicron.
This is not true of the ultron.  This lens is a modern design and it shows
in the images: High contrast and very sharp.  My tests indicated that this
lens was better than the third generation summicron and visually
indistinguishable from the fourth generation summicron below.

3. 35 mm summicron SN 3395XXX :  Mechanically perfect- optically suffering
from lens separation $375+ shipping and insurance
This lens demonstrates the best and worst of Leica.  Leica made a number of
lens designs which suffered from lens separation issues.  The group that is
separated in this lens is mounted in a spun metal locating assembly (i.e. it
is impossible to repair the group, it must be replaced).  The performance of
this lens is excellent in all respects.  I have used this at night with
point sources in the image and I have seen no evidence of any fringing or
artifacts.  In daylight, it's performance is typically summicron.  This lens
is excellent over it's entire range.  I will  accept a personal check post
dated two weeks to allow this lens to be used and tested , if you are
unsatisfied with this lens, just return it (your dime) and I will tear up
the check.  After a lot of testing, this is the lens that I used daily prior
to buying my Summilux.  If it doesn't sell at the price, I'll just keep it
on my M-2 body where it has been since I bought and tested it. Complete with
shade (12585) and filter.

4. 90mm Summicron SN 3574XXX - Excellent glass and Mechanical.  - $635 +
shipping and insurance
This is a fine lens.  I'm selling it because I have a tele-elmarit which I
find better for travel and I have a 75mm Summilux which I also use when
travelling.  I found that I was using the 75 mm quite often and it didn't
make sense to carry both the 90 'cron and the 75'lux.  This lens is the last
generation prior to the Aspheric Design.  It looks NEW.  Complete with case
and filter

Nikon SLR lenses

5.  85mm f1.8  Like New with Box $300  + shipping and insurance
This is a fine lens, but given the fact that I have the 75mm Summilux on my
Leica, I have no use for it.

6. 80-200 F2.8 ED-IF S like new with all packaging : $1200  + shipping and
insurance
This is a GREAT lens.  I'm selling it because I don't use it (it's been on
the camera three times).  I recently bought an 80-400 VR lens and I use that
quite a bit.

7. Nikon 14mm f2.8  Like New with Box.  $1100 + shipping and insurance
This is a MONSTER of a lens. I am selling it because I have the 15mm
Voigtlander for my M cameras.

Voigtlander Bessa -L

Voigtlander Bessa -L with 25mm Skoptar lens - $375 + shipping and insurance
I carried this camera in a pouch in my briefcase for work. It's a great,
compact combo for travelling.  I now carry my Leicas in a nice messenger bag
so this camera has become redundant.  Camera and lens both excellent with
all boxes and manuals....

Thanks to you all for reading...

Tom Lianza
Technical Director