Subject: Re: [Leica] Engravings on the top plate.
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:58:01 -0800 (PST)

Henry Ting wrote:

Got to give Leica credit for creating the most
expensive real estate on the Ms top plate. They make
the regular M bald and created our crave for wanting
to dress up the top plate. Here's an idea for Leica :
Charge us by the number of letters we want to be
imprinted. I bet Leica got the idea from the likes of
motorsport, where the riches team have the most
stickers displaying on their cars. Those having the
deepest pocket will obviously carry a Leica like a
walking billboard.

LOL! Can you imagine an M6 plastered with Marlboro stickers, Coke/Pepsi
stickers and the like? Or, for those not yet having a sponsor, maybe a
sign saying "This top plate is available for YOUR ad!" Then there's the
bumper-sticker style, like "My other camera is a disposable"; or "I'd
rather be sitting in a traffic jam"; or "This camera belongs to a
Hell's Angel - f**k with it and find out!"

Regards,

=====
Ray