Subject: Re: [Leica] Selecting print size
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:50:41 -0800 (PST)

My preference is to blow up the pictures I like. It
might look real grainy and fuzzy when people look at
it in closeup, but for visual impact, nothing beats
the big size in presentation. All things in
perspective, I think people standing close in
examining a big frame are not normally looking at the
picture, but rather examining the qualities which does
not mean anything in the overall big picture. You'll
be surprised at how large a 35mm film can be blown up
to. I once remembered seeing a gigantic mural in
Tokyo's airport, which is a billboard of Fuji film
where people normally view it at about 20 meters away,
it gave me goose-bumps. However, as I walked towards
about 5 meters from it, all the impact was lost
because I was only able to view a portion of the big
picture.