Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: HELP--someone wants to buy my pictures...
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 21:24:13 -0500

At 06:04 PM 1/17/02 -0800, you wrote:

>Tina and friends how much does it cost and is it really legal?!
>
>http://www.ftc.gov/speeches/other/confbd4.htm
>

>Mark Rabiner
>Portland, Oregon USA
>http://www.markrabiner.com

Mark -

ASMP has been through all of this.  It's not price-fixing at all.  No one
is bound by the prices.  They are just examples.  Heaven knows there are
plenty of photographers who will bid much lower and much higher than the
FotoQuote prices.  They are averages.  Every other industry advertises
their prices.  Do you suppose a plumber charges a fee without considering
what other plumbers in the area are charging?  Why not photographers?

Tina

P.S.  I have to admit that I didn't make it through the entire article
about "antitrust's oligopoly"  so I may be misinterpreting your comment!

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com
images available from http://www.pdiphotos.com

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Re: HELP--someone wants to buy my pictures...)