Subject: [Leica] Adam's PAW - week 3
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:56:56 -0800

Well I've finally gotten into the darkroom so I've got week three up at:

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2002PAW/large-images/sand%20shine.jpg>

This one was shot with Technical Pan rated at ASA 25, 90mm at F2.8, 1/30th of a
second. Developed in Technidol. The image is a flat-bed scan of a 5 x 7
split-filtration print on Luminos paper. The sky has NOT been burned in - that's
the way it was. The buttom part of the image was burned in at Grade 5 and a bit
at Grade 0 (to yield detail in the highlites.)

Scanning this negative with my Nikon 4000 was an unhappy experience. The Nikon
wants to reveal scratches etc that I can't see (or print) when I'm in the
darkroom. I'm wondering if I scan it as a color negative and then convert to B&W
in Photoshop might work.

I think I'm finally getting the hang of shooting and developing Tech Pan. I've
been given the recipe for an alternate developer but at this point in my skill
set I'm a bit wary of giving that a shot. I use a rental-darkroom so it's just
another box of things to carry around.

Thanks, in advance, for your comments.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Adam's PAW - week 3)