Subject: Re: [Leica] marc'small's M3 - M6 explanation
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:17:04 -0500

At 05:11 PM 1/16/02 EST, SthRosner@aol.com wrote:
>What particularly caught my
>attention was his assertion that Leitz recommended annual CLAs of their new
>cameras. Never heard of such a thing. I also know that the smaller camera
>stores - which significantly outnumbered the big ones, never had a repair
man
>in-house. So I shared marc's post with several photograper friends all of
>whom have used Leicas for many years. None had ever heard of a suggestion by
>Leitz/Leica of a yearly CLA. One of them has just written me as follows:

Seth

Claiming references without citing names is, of course, a no-no.  Provide
names, or hold your peace.

As to the other, you have previously revealed your inability to read
things.  I guess you never read the addendum to the M3/M2 IB ...

Tink Ewald died two years back (one of the founders of what is now the
LHSA) but the repair guy who worked for him and who now has my M6, and
Tink's kids, will confirm.  Ewald-Clark was hardly a large store, but they
had three repair guys trained by ELNY.  Contact me off-List for further
information -- and read the Pop article I referenced, which also mentions
this.  Or check with Herb Keppler, who has written about the "annual CLA"
thing.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!