Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS weddings NOW: ?. ;-)
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:02:04 EST

In a message dated 1/16/02 10:49:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tedgrant@shaw.ca writes:

> John Collier responded:  :-)
>  >>> No, The American Revolution and the War of 1812. He caused such a
ruckus
>  that they would not let him attend any more wars; too many unfriendly Leica
>  casualties! The Canadians were reported to have burned Washington but I
>  heard it was Ted on a bit of a tear<<<<<<
>
>  I have to say it sure was tough finding film in Washington in those days.
>  ;-)

.........whoa! washington the capital wasn't there (on the banks of the
Potomac)
1775-1787 - first war referred to; and washington the general and pres wasn't
there (in washington) during the burning thereof, or at least the White House
and the Capitol by Royal Army troops under General Robert Ross in 1814! -
second war referred to; the related engagement at Chesapeake Bay led Francis
Scott Key to write The Star Spangled Banner.;-)

>  And processing? I made friends with Martha Washington and she loaned some
>  baking trays and let me work out of a small closet.  I was doing fine until
>  the place got burned down. ;-)
>  ted

......ted, in the end, it all burns down.;-)

seth        LaK 9

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> ([Leica] NOW burning Washington: ?. ;-))