Subject: Re: [Leica] Hewes stainless steel reels Tank?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:59:50 -0800

"Jeffery L.Smith" wrote:

> I looked at a Hewes stainless steel reel, and there appears to be no clip
> to hold the end of the film. Does one simply press the squared end of the
> film against the two protruding tongs and then start feeding it onto the
> reel (i.e., the reel doesn't really attach to the film)?
>
> Jeffery Smith
>
> --
2 little prongs stick out and you hook your sprocket onto those and go
for the wild ride.

Question:

I have two tall 2 liter tanks
one is 12 and 3/4 inches
the other is 12 and 3/8 inches
It turns out the shorter tank does not take all 8 of the Hewes reels,
only 7.
My tall tank is nameless.

Does anyone know which company makes a tank which is tall enough to take
all 8 reels?
Not Hewes by the way.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA