Subject: Re: [Leica] Delta 3200 & Neopan 1600 pushed...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:55:36 -0800

John Straus wrote:

> Thanks for the replies Mark & Don. I'll test more and work on it. It seems
> odd that I got more useable (barely) negs when I shot the same scene a month
> ago with some 800 color speed pushed to 1600... Different camera and stuff
> but same exposure ratio I believe...
> --
> John
> Chicago, IL
> http://SlideOne.com
> ====================

I'm getting great results shooting 1600 Neopan at 1600.
I never push film.
I find the best developer and film I can.
Then find out what the optimal true film speed there is for that
combination. And development time for the best contrast.
9 outta ten times it's the number on the box of film.
Giving it less exposure would be just as inadvisable as giving it too much.
Giving it less development would be just as inadvisable as giving it too much.

What about a properly developed and exposed roll of film?
Is that so boring?
Forget pushing.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA