Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: M6TTL vs "Classic" question
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:01:30 EST

In a message dated 1/15/02 9:56:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

> if you need to depend upon your cameras to deliver the proverbial
>  bacon, then it makes little sense not to use a 1-10-year-old camera, rather
>  than a 40 to almost 50 year old camera. Things get old, they wear out and
>  die. Just like people.

........not quite, b.d. I haven't run as many rolls through it as a
professional would but I believe that my 35 year-old M4 (CLA'd when needed)
is as reliable as my M6. I'd have no hesitation in taking it as my sole body
on a month-long trek in the African veldt or the Himalayas. The beauty of
these cameras - and that includes the M6 - is that with maintenance and parts
replacement when necessary, they appear to have no real limit to their useful
lives.

Seth           LaK 9