Subject: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 06:58:26 -0600

Richard:

>In week 1 main, I find
>the out of focus bar just a bit too intrusive, and would have liked to try
>to shoot from a slightly higher angle from slightly to the right, not so
>much that you lose the sense of being on the child's level, but just to
>lower the bar in the frame somewhat.

>http://canid.com/pics/jbm_bouncy_smile.jpg

What do you think if I crop right above the bar?  I was afraid doing that
would leave a blurry, unidentified object biting into her hand.  At least
with the bar, we have a little bit of context.  :)  I agree...up and to the
right would have been better.  I'm thinking that parallex got to me here.  I
don't remember the toy being in front of her.  The camera was vertical and
the lens was below and a little to the left of where I was looking.  Oops.

>The directional
>light in Week 2 main is a bit strong for a baby portrait I think, and
>combined with the wide eyes somehow makes him look a bit startled.

>http://canid.com/pics/jbm_hat_1.jpg

<grin>  The grandparents don't like that one, either.  They *especially*
don't like this one:

http://canid.com/pics/jbm_bed1.jpg

It was taken last year, so I can't count it as part of my PAW.  :)

Thanks for commenting!

Eric

Replies: Reply from "Richard Ogden" <rj.ogden@virgin.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW)
Message from "Richard Ogden" <richard@pr23ss.freeserve.co.uk> (Re: [Leica] Eric's PAW)