Subject: [Leica] Re: Will Ravenel's PAW 2 Posting
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 06:35:36 -0600

Will:

>http://home.triad.rr.com/wrphotos/week2.html

From a technical issue, I'd adjust the scan so that you show maximum black
to maximum white.  You've only got 256 levels of gray to work with.  Use all
of them!  :)

I'd tend to crop out anything that isn't adding to the image, too.  Get rid
of the stuff on the table.  Get rid of the lamp to the left.  Get rid of the
picture on the wall above.  When I do that, I'm left with gramps and
grandson jamming in a world by themselves.  I like that!

For more impact, you might try shooting from a lower angle.  Shoot directly
into your son's face.  Since he's looking down, get down and shoot up.
Remove the pictures from the wall before hitting the shutter button.  Clear
off the table.  Better yet, move the table away.

A few weeks ago when we were visiting my folks, I asked my mom if she'd mind
if I'd remove some paintings on the wall in the background.  I had already
moved a bunch of other stuff out of the way.  "You might as well finish your
quest since you've already destroyed half of the living room."  I set it all
back up when I got done, and I'm pretty sure we're still welcome.  :)

Eric