Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:50:28 -0700

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Rolfe Tessem" <rolfe@ldp.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 12:33 PM

> Tim Atherton wrote:
> >

> > > As far as I know, and I'm pretty sure about this, as I've described it
> > > above is how all the systems you mention work. Which is why I said
that
> Your are the second person to mention this and I stand corrected. I
> would be interested to know.the details of how it does this given the
> limitations inherent in having only one behind the lens sensor.
>
> I have seen systems that claim to do as you describe, but on closer
> examination they all were dependent on the positioning of the flash
> units themselves to regulate the lighting ratio.
>

> Rolfe

http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/lite_link.html

The way I believe it works is simple. The main on camera (or attatched by a
TTL cord) flash triggers the second, wireless flash mounted in an ikelite
lite-link (including multiples) like a normal slave. The on camera flash,
once it has detected the correct exposure cuts itself off (which, of course,
includes the total of the light from the other flashes). At this point, the
Ikelite lite-link acts like a slave in reverse. It detects the flash falloff
from the main flash, and cuts off it's own flash - et vola. Correct ttl
exposure.

I know a couple of folks who haveu sed these (usually with one or two extra
flashes) and love them

Tim A

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN)
Message from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN)