Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: To crop or not to crop
From: Arne Helme <Arne.Helme@stelvio.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:07:19 +0100

In message <B8686C44.83AF%Mail@SlideOne.com>,
John Straus writes:

>When will you make the final pictures for yourself and us :) or will you
>ever since you said cropping is not really an option...?

John,

I have nothing against cropping, but it is not an option to me right now.  With my 2002 PAW I want primarily to practice photographic skills using Leica M & R cameras and to a much lesser extent scan and photoshop skills on my PC.  Stated differently, some  photographers do not crop their photos in order to illustrate their perfection in composition.  For me, the whole point of not cropping photos is simply to illustrate imperfections in their initial composition as recorded onto the film!  I don't have a degree in art and I do not have the knowledge to evaluate all aspects of my photos.  However, experience is the best teacher, and I am a good learner.  The format of presentation (uncropped photos) has provided me with a wealth of information that I would not have received if the initial photos had been cropped.

- -- Arne

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Re: To crop or not to crop)