Subject: [Leica] lay off of paris
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 00:45:45 -0800

>Yeah, but considering the source of the commandment, "On the whole", would
>you rather be a tourist in Philadelphia, or Paris?

hey, i know that philadelphia is the City of Brotherly Love (or maybe now
it's
The City That Loves You Back, i can't keep it straight) and paris is cold
and
filled with rude french people, but you still shouldn't knock paris on the
lug. and
as a member of the PLUG, i'm here to take a stand in defense of that fair
french city. there are certianly very nice things about paris that would
make
people want to go there. it may not have philadelphia's long history (300
years
of culture!) and our diversity of neighborhoods, nor our attractions (such
as
Pats Steaks, 7th and indiana, the mummers, and the breathtaking view from
City Hall), but given a leica and a few rolls of film, you ought to be able
take a decent photo or two in our european sister city. remember, PLUG also
means Paris Leica Users Group.

need i say? our guest bedroom is always open to luggers touristing in
philadelphia.
and many thanks to those who have come and stayed already (expecially those
bearing booze).

vive la france!

kyle