Subject: Re: [Leica] Jonathan's PAW week two
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 23:12:48 +1100

>Here is a series of four images for my Paw #2. All shot in downtown
>Chengdu. This particular area is the cities' main shopping area, you
>know the kind that does not allow vehicle traffic. Right now this
>area is being remodeled with major construction going on. But in
>spite of all this construction, there is still alot of foot traffic.
>
>This shot shows the common method of moving large cement blocks for
>construction in China.
>Paw 2:  http://www.pbase.com/image/945133
>
>I like this shot because it shows working having a relaxing smoke in
>the midst of all the foot traffic and construction.
>Alternate 1: http://www.pbase.com/image/945145
>
>Some more of the construction site.
>Alternate 2: http://www.pbase.com/image/945153
>
>The sidewalk!
>Alternate 3: http://www.pbase.com/image/945234

Jonathan,

my favorite is the smoker amongst the chaos. There is always time for
a smoko. This was a common sight here in Australia in years gone by,
but not so much now, and not just because of the tendency to quit
smoking, but the feeling of the smoko, seems somehow lost.

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin

http://www.afirkin.com

The Family of Man 2 Exhibit for Year one is now showing:

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~firkin/FOM2%20Folder/YearOneExhibit/YearOne.html

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Jonathan's PAW week two)