Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW Week 2 - Jeffery
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 05:04:02 -0600

Jeffery:

>http://www.jeffery-nola.com/PAW_2.html

Love the expression of the little boy!

My main complaint is loss of detail in the highlights.  The white pieces are
washing into the light squares.  Take the pawn on f5, for example.  Looks
like a blemish on the board as much as it does a pawn.  You can see the
black pieces the boy has captured, but try discerning the pieces the girl
has captured.  I'd also burn in the out of focus white shirt in the upper
right a little.  It's competing for my attention.  Same goes for the white
papers on the table.  Just make them a little darker.

Do you have any shots where you're shooting from the kids' level?  Instead
of looking down at them?  That might make for a more dramatic shot.

Eric

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: PAW Week 2 Loading speeds?)
Message from "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> ([Leica] PAW Week 2 - Jeffery)