Subject: Provia 100F or K64? (was: Re: [Leica] Film survey.)
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:45:09 -0800

on 1/12/02 11:29 AM, Don at don.ro@verizon.net wrote:

> How does Provia 100F compare to Kodachrome?

I've been comparing the two films lately and find that K64 is a sharper
film, Provia 100F has less contrast and is easier to scan, and the
processing for Provia 100F is much more accessible.  Provia's palette is
very nice, and the extra speed is handy.

I've also read that 100F pushed one stop is among the best choices for
200-speed slide films which got me thinking that it would be more convenient
to stock up on one film instead of both K64 and K200, and push the Provia
when nessesary.  Do any list members have experience with 100F @ 200?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
www.wildlightphoto.com