Subject: Re: [Leica] A "how 2" flash question
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:14:07 -0800

Adam,

A flash (stroboscopic or not) will fire as soon as the shutter is completely
open. By then you will have recorded some movement, the amount depending on
the shutter speed you have set, and some movement after the flash as the
shutter closes. The camera should be on a tripod.
Try a variety of shutter speeds, from 1sec to 1/30.

Keep in mind that you must have adequate ambient light for the "action" part
of the exposure (set the exposure for that light), and to balance the flash
to the ambient light. This is done easily with an automatic flash.

Good luck,
Joe