Subject: Re: [Leica] 180/2.8 Tele-Elmarit
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 00:43:10 -0700

David,

Apparently as far as "optical performance" goes this lens is a absolute
dud, quickly dropped by Leitz shortly after it's introduction. Suggest
you look it up in Erwin Puts Lens Compendium.

One of the few lens made by Leitz/Leica that both manages to suck and
blow at the same time.

I suspect its rarely mentioned because its not polite to speak poorly of
the "dead". As far as Leitz not preserving an example; a physician can
always bury his mistakes.

Regards,

Greg