Subject: [Leica] FS: Leica SL, two lenses
From: MEBerube <photog@pivot.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 00:11:08 -0500

The shop that I work for (Photo Market, Portland, ME) just got these in as
a consignment and neither the seller nor we honestly have any idea of what
to ask for them. (Owner has traditionally avoided the collector market but
the consignor is a friend.)

I bring the matter to the LUG knowing that you all will suggest/offer a
fair market value. (I've never been displeased with anything that I've
bought or sold from/with LUGgers.)

The items are a Leicaflex SL with a Summicron 50/2 (including Summicron
Lens hood) and a 45-90/2.8 (constant) Angenieux Zoom.
The SL's meter doesn't work and the consignor says that Classic Camera (a
repair shop in Biddeford, Maine) claims it is a broken connection from the
battery chamber. Not having $300 that they wanted to repair the connection,
the consignor brought the camera and lenses to us. Other than the meter,
the camera works fine. The Summicron and zoom are in good (but not
collector) condition as you can see from the images but the glass and
action on both are fine and they should still produce great images. If all
my money wasn't tied up in Ni.o. gear at the moment, I'd buy these items
myself and just live without an internal meter, but I invested in the other
brand for my SLRs.

Images that I quick snapped of the items at the shop are here:
http://www.goodphotos.com/leica/

Please contact me directly off list at:
Leica@GoodPhotos.com

I'm shooting most all day Saturday but will be checking my mail in the evening.

Thank you LUGGERs.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube

Replies: Reply from "SML" <inyoung@jps.net> ([Leica] 180/2.8 Tele-Elmarit)