Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica M
From: "A. Lal" <akhil.lal@bcc.cuny.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:53:20 -0500

There was talk of an M 6 AE some time ago, prototype(s) have been seen by
those "in the know". Pros w. close ties to Leica have field tested these .

I was told (third hand, so I may be completely wrong) that it is a cloth
mechanical shutter, higher X sync (which may bring with it certain
disadvantages),  with shutter speeds set by electromagnetically controlled
release of the second curtain.  The overall shape remains the same.

Wait a few weeks and you'll know.

FWIW, a well know dealer is already taking advance orders.

Message from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] New Leica M)