Subject: Re: [Leica] air travel
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 08:59:32 -0700

on 10/4/01 12:33 AM, Pascal at cyberdog@attglobal.net thoughtfully wrote:

> However, the disclaimer of responsibility on behalf of the airline seems
> logical as not they, but the security inspectors, took the decision to
> re-transfer all baggage and inspect all of it.

In the future this may be true when the Feds are doing the inspection. But
as of now the security people are agents of the airlines and so, ultimately,
the airlines are responsible.

I would find this behavior unacceptable and wonder if it was the result of
someone having a very bad day or being on a major-league power kick.

Adam