Subject: Re: [Leica] [OT] PAW - Week 2 - Slide One
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:01:25 -0500

> http://slideone.com/PAWimages/week02.02.html
> Self Crit: I like the main tree's top being cut off and having the shadow
> reveal the details. It might help if the brightness of the upper right
> corner was toned down. The image seems a little flat...
>
> http://slideone.com/PAWimages/week02alt.02.html
> Self Crit: I like the boldness of the image and the repetition of the
> streetlights. I thought about cropping the dark object off the lower right,
> or does it help with balance...?
John,

I like this type of photography, making interesting images of the things
others walk past.

The second is more compelling.  I would crop the lower right; but I would
also crop the left to the edge of the building.  Yes I agree the utility
poles are interesting but they demand attention and compete with the design
element central to the photo, the building and its interest.

From what can be determined via the net you seem to have nail the nuts and
bolts...tonality is full and rich. Nice work.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander