Subject: Re: [Leica] Four Categories of high definition developers
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 09:42:37 -0800

George Lottermoser wrote:

> jhicks31@bellsouth.net (John Hicks)1/8/0210:13 PM
>
> > Perhaps. But if we called Category 1 "high graininess"
> developers who'd
> > want to use 'em?
>
> If pyro based developers fall in category 1 they certainly don't
> qualify as grain enhancing developers - in my experience. Quite
> the opposite - fine grain - great edge - amazing highlight
> control.
>
> George
>
> --

Pyrocatechin is not Pyro
Pyrogallol is Pyro.

By "Pyro" it is meant the PMK or ABC or D1 Pyro we normally think of and
is a big rage among in the know large format photographers.

Pyrocatechin was in Neofin Blue and at one time in HC-110 and although a
high contrast developing agent was of course used for just the opposite.
I guess it also has very high Acutance.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com