Subject: Re: [Leica] Four Categories of high definition developers
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 23:18:03 -0500

Mark, acutance is one leg to speed, tonality, grain structure, and contrast.
Sometimes absolute sharpness, err acutance, is desirable, most of the time
there is a better trade off for the image.  Which is why most of the time
I'm using Xtol.  Sitting on the shelf is a bottle of Rodinal that gets used
when I want acutance or I want to tame some contrast issues.

By standardizing on these two, I can pretty consistently turn my vision into
the final image I wanted.

If work relents, I may have to try the Beutler with some Agfa 25 in the
freezer...

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com